Cooking with Collagen
With more and more of us turning to the cupboards to cook up a feast, we wanted to share two incredible recipes from the wonderful Katie (@storiesoftheseason) featuring our True Collagen and our Radiant Collagyn.
240g cacao butter
6 tbsp raw cacao powder
Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
1 tablespoon coconut flakes
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp goji berries
1 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries
1 tbsp freeze-dried strawberries
- Using a bain marie (a pan half full of boiling water with a heatproof bowl) melt the cacao butter in the glass heat proof bowl. Heat until completely melted into liquid (don't allow to burn) Tip, make sure that non of the boiling water makes its way into the cacao bowl as it will alter the consistency.
- Take off heat once melted.
- Mix in cacao powder, maple syrup, salt and collagen and stir until mixed properly.
- Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the tray.
- Sprinkle the remaining dry ingredients on top of the mixture .
- Place in the fridge for 45 minute or until set.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
1 cup of almond milk (or milk of your choice, Oat and hemp milk are also delicious)
1 tsp rose water
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 frozen raspberries
2 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- In a saucepan heat the milk with the frozen raspberries.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Once the raspberries are beginning to turn the milk a deliciously pretty pink colour, remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Add the rose water and vanilla. Place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the liquid of the raspberry seeds in a fine strainer, for example, a tea strainer.
- Add the collagen and maple syrup and blend again.
- Serve immediately and put your feet up with a good book for 10 minutes.