What's not to love about the prospect of cooking up some delicious recipes on this Valentine's Day or over the weekend when Storm Dennis arrives.
As you know, we love cooking with our products, and discovering new recipes to share with you all, so are delighted to bring you two this month from the wonderful Donna Crous, and the awesome Brittany Angell ...
CHOCOLATE POTS (Serves 4) c/o Donna Crous (photo credit care of Donna also, please check her out on Instagram @donnacrous - AMAZING TALENT)
(To keep the measurements easy the wonderful Donna, kept it simple and made it using the scoop from inside the Ancient + Brave cacao packet)
6 scoops Ancient + Brave Cacao
1 scoop grass-fed gelatin
3-4 scoops coconut sugar or sativa to taste
250 ml boiling water
250 ml coconut cream (plus more for the topping)
1. In a bowl mix together the cocoa, gelatine and coconut sugar.
2. Pour over the boiling water and mix well.
3. Whisk in the coconut cream.
4. Transfer to individual ramekins or jars
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Top with whipped coconut cream, add a dash of vanilla extract if you dare (totally optional)
7. Serve with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and enjoy ....
CHOCOLATE SWIRL PUMPKIN BREAD c/o Brittany Angell (photo credit to Donna Crous)
5 large eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup oil or melted butter (dairy or nondairy)
1/2 cup palm sugar (or other granulated sugar of choice)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch, or arrowroot will work
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk (dairy or non-dairy)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted (dairy or non-dairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread pan with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the chocolate.
- Pour the bread batter into the bread pan
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave until pourable. To help the chocolate pour, add a teaspoon of melted coconut oil to thin it out.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bread and swirl into the dough using a knife
- Bake for 45 minutes, and let cool before slicing.